Monday, April 2, 2012

Bocados

Bocados
1312 W. Alabama
Houston, TX 77006
(713) 523-5230
http://www.bocadoshouston.com/

Last week Cameron and I found ourselves sitting in our favorite bar, Anvil, sipping new cocktails on Tuesday evening. I taste-tested the Turtle Blues while Cam sampled the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club. Always an adventure, Anvil's ever-changing menu provides exciting new concoctions mixed with tried-and-true, old-school benchmarks. If you're seeking new cocktail experiences, Anvil is THE place to discover your inner Columbus. The first-ever beverage I consumed at Anvil, The Mexican Firing Squad, remains at the top of my growing list of favorites. Thanks, Alba, for the recommendation!

After we finished our beverages, Cam and I vowed to visit a new restaurant. The target: Bocados on West Alabama. Because the weather was cool and inviting, we opted for patio seating. Never one to decline an opportunity to take advantage of low-humidity nights, the casual dining atmosphere delivered. Nestled in the middle of a neighborhood, Bocados has been in business for 14 years. We skipped appetizers in favor of two entrees. I chose the Lily & Tery Combo (named after the Bocados' co-owners) comprised of a taco, chicken enchilada and chicken flauta. Can you tell I like variety? Perfectly seasoned and balanced, the enchilada was light and delicious. Yes, I used the word "light" to describe an enchilada. I don't think that's ever been the appropriate adjective I would have selected for Mexican food until I dined at Bocados. Cam ordered the chicken quesadillas, which were delectable as well. And for the margarita lovers, I recommend the Mango Margarita. Yum!

Service: attentive and friendly
Price: $-$$
Atmosphere: patio place!

No comments:

Post a Comment